Harness plays an important role when it comes to training dogs. This is because harnesses offer better control, which comes in handy on busy streets or crowds. If your dog is strong and sturdy, a harness is more likely to give you much better control and is also highly convenient for your arms and back. Also, dogs which are smaller in size can be prone to injury from pulling or tugging the leash. But if there is a harness in place, it will disperse pressure over a larger area of his body and will reduce strain on his beck and back. In addition to this, harnesses discourage pulling. If there is a collar on your dog and pulls on the leash, he still moves forward. A harness, on the other hand, be it attached to its chest or between his shoulder blades will redirect him because pulling will not get him anywhere.
That being said, this article is a review of the Icefang Tactical harness, which is specifically designed for special pups and dogs which display aggressive behaviors. But before you make a purchase, make sure that the harness you intend to buy is tough, sturdy, and must last a long time. Searching for such a harness may exhaust you, but you need not worry. Icefang harness is your best bet. If your dog is under training, you can simply put it onto your pet before taking him out for a walk. This harness is a perfect fit for all those dogs, who possess a tendency to drag you when you are out and about with them, be it a morning jog or just a casual walk.
The ice fang tactical dog harness comes in different sizes and is a perfect fit for large pups and dogs. The harness comes pre-equipped with a heavy-duty buckle which secures itself once you put it on your pet. At the same time, the buckle makes it easier for you to pull the harness over your dog and take it off without much effort. Another exciting feature that may cause you to fall in love with the ice fang tactical dog harness is the fact that it is one of the best tactical no-pull harness specifically made for large-sized dog breeds, which are highly difficult to control in outdoor situations. That being said, this harness is not suitable for dogs that are not leash trained. The reason for this is their lack of leash training. Also, this has more to do with the fact that they are not used to wearing a leash around their neck.
More about this harness:
Following are some of the features and specifications which this tactical harness offers.
- A durable handle is sewn tough and large enough to grab the harness quickly and easily when walking in-crowd, also lifts your dog when getting in/out of the car
- This harness was designed by putting 2 individual components together, offers four adjustable positions ( Shoulder, Chest ), and is quite easy to adjust.
- It consists of an alloy metal buckle (1000 lb Proof-Load Test ) on Dog’s Shoulder blade which is the most load-bearing point when the dog tries to pull its way out.
- The harness is stitched by Bartack and X in Box Pattern on Each Joint and load Bearing Point, this will also prevent the snapping and breaking of the harness.
- It consists of three 1″ strips of loop panel sewn onto both in the formation of MOLLE( Small: 3″ x 4.5″ ; Medium:3″ x 6″ ;Large:3″ x 7.5″ ; X-Large:3″ x 7.5″); It also consists of one long strip of loop panel sewn along the back of harness
- with different widths on each size (Small:2″ ; Medium/Large:3″ ;X-Large/XX-Large :4″ .)
- It also consists of two 1″ Strips of molle sewn onto both sides, allowing your dog to carry Gear By PALs/Molle pouch in training / daily walking/adventure hiking, also the hook is supported by a D-ring.
Following are some of the unique features which this harness has to offer.
- This ice fang tactical harness is available in various neck sizes designed specifically to cater to the needs of individual pet owners. The neck sizes vary from 24 inches to 48 inches, whereas the chest sizes vary from 22 inches to 39 inches. Such a wide range of available sizes make sure that you find the right harness for your dog to adjust and fit around your dog even though it may be.
- When it comes to washing and cleaning the ice fang tactical harness, it is a very simple and easy process. This ice fang tactical harness can be washed with baby detergent but always make sure to use enough water to rinse it completely before you leave it for drying purposes.
- It also comes with 2 safety metal buckles, which will be of great help if your pet tends to pull out more often. Moreover, these buckles are tried and tested to endure 1000lb of the load test. Also, the buckle’s weight is easy and convenient for the dog to bear and will not harm your dog in any way
- The ice fang tactical dog harness also comes pre-equipped with a handle that is sewn specifically to provide you control of your dog when you hit the road. Not only this, the handle will not make your hands feel greasy whenever they get sweaty. The handle also lets you lift your dog with convenience.
- The harness also lets you connect the leash with no pull front clip. To do so, make your dog go in the forwarding motion and then make its leg go off the ground. This will help you in controlling the puller easily. By using the same technique, you can also teach your dog to walk behind you or with you during the walk.
- The ice fang tactical harness comes with a patented front control system that prevents the dogs from pulling. This also helps you in determining and setting the direction in which you wish for your dog to maneuver. One of the many notable things about this product is that it is comfortable for your dog and prevents your dog from going through any pain.
- Comes pre-equipped with a metal buckle and POM Buckle which can handle large weight loads.
- No-Rub and Escape Proof
- Comes with front and back leash clips
- durable handle built-in
- straps for carrying gear on your dog’s vest
- The handle on the vest could have been better
- Go through the size chart for the appropriate size
Things to look out for before buying a harness for your dog:
The importance of having a perfect harness for your dog cannot be stressed enough. That being said, there is a large variety of harnesses available out there in the market, and one might get confused when trying to buy the right kind of harness for their dog. Following are some of the things which you must consider before buying a harness for your dog.
- Do thorough research on the manufacturing company, whose harness you intend to buy
- Try to look out for reviews of the product you intend to buy. Make sure it enjoys a positive reputation in the market. You can do this easily by going through online reviews.
- Also, consider the price factor. Some people may rule out the price factor when purchasing harnesses for their dogs, but this is not the right approach. Always make sure that you compare prices from different brands so that you may get the lowest price for that particular harness
- Make sure that the harness you intend to buy is adjustable and easy to clean.
- Also, make sure that the harness comes with safety buckles and can endure a load test of around 1000lb
- Do not let the advertisements play you. This Is because they are designed strategically to promote a certain brand. Always make sure that you are aware of all the features of the rollerskate, which you intend to buy for yourself.
What dog harness is good for military use?
For dog training in the military, Icefang tactical dog harness is the best one because it is made of 1050D Nylon and it comes with a large handle to control the dog outdoors. Lifting the dog to put in and out of the car is also easy by using this no-pull dog harness.
Is Ice Fang dog harness adjustable?
Yes, the Icefang dog harness is not tough, it is highly adjustable because of the straps that are positioned on the chest, shoulder, and belly area. There are different sizes available for different dogs according to their chest and neck measurements.
Is this a good harness for a service dog in a training vest?
This harness is a good vest for a service dog as well because it has buckles that make it easy for pet owners to control their dogs. On puppies, these buckles may feel a bit heavier so choose wisely.
Having said all that, an ice fang tactical harness is probably one of the most feasible options you may get for yourself. But, individual choices do vary, which is why whichever one you buy, make sure you make an informed decision.