Are you struggling with keeping the thick fur of your dog in order? Grooming your dog coat can be a tiring job if you do not have the right tools to do so. On the other hand, if left tangled, they can impact your pup’s well-being and health. Slicker brushes are used to keep the thick fur of your puppy in order. A proper slicker will help you release mats from your dog, and regular brushing will enhance blood circulation and even natural oil distribution.
These brushes have metal bristles and a user -friendly handles that do not put undue pressure on your hand while using it. In the market, you will find countless options to choose from, but the best one will suit the size of your dog and its coat type. Let’s have a look at a few of the excellent ones available in the market. These slicker brushes can be used alone or along with other tools depending on the need for your dog’s coat and fur.
Andis Premium Large Firm Pet Slicker Brush
- This slicker brush comes with a handle that has a firm grip and won’t slip while you are using it on your dog’s fur.
- The bristles are made with metal that will help you release the toughest of the tangles. But be careful to use when your dog has an injury or irritation.
- The size is large enough, so it is best suited for medium and large size dogs. So, on a smaller one, it might be a little harsh.
- It equally works best for those breeds who shed their hair, the ones whose fur tends to have knots and stubborn tangles.
- The metal bristles of this slicker brush will also help you remove the dirt in routine.
Chris Christensen A5I Mark I Slicker, X-Small
The dog slicker brushes should be used according to the size of your dog. This brush from Chris Christensen is best suited for small size dogs. If you have a puppy that you want to keep groomed, this one is for you.
- The brush’s size is small, and the build is compact, making it a perfect choice for small dogs.
- You are looking at a perfect brush for sensitive and problematic skins as it has bristles with rounded ends.
- It is equally suited for small-sized pups having soft skin. Rest assured, this brush will not put the hair of your adorable puppy at risk, but at the same time, removes the mats from its fur.
- With Chris Christensen A5I Mark I Slicker, X-Small, you are good to use it on your cats as well as dogs. Here is one brush for all the problems of your furry friends.
- The wood structure of the brush makes it durable and sturdy and will withstand multiple falls.
Safari Self Cleaning Slicker Brush
Are you worried about the long hairs of your dog? Do they get tangles and knots quickly? Well, you need a Slicker Brush that has long bristles to penetrate the thickness of your pet’s hair. Getting these hairs unknotted might be a tiring job, but not anymore.
Here is the solution to your problem in the form of Safari Self Cleaning Slicker Brush.
- The brush comes with retractable pins that will clean the brush after you are done with the long and thick fur of your dog
- Safari Self Cleaning Slicker Brush, you will save a lot of time while grooming your pet every day.
- The Bristles are not placed thinly, so their close packing helps you to perfectly comb through the double coat of the thick coat of your dog. It will penetrate till the end of the roots of the hair.
- This kind of brush best works on dog breeds such as German shepherd, Spaniel, etc.
WPS Dog Grooming Slicker Brush
If you have a dog with short hair yet gets tangled, the next one on our list is best suited for you.
- The bristles of WPS Dog Grooming Slicker are diagonally bent at the ends so they can painlessly slide inside the shot hairs of your dog.
- The circulation of blood and natural oils will also improve with this slicker brush, making your dog healthy and its hair shinier and smooth.
- The brush will get rid of shedding hairs and remove knots due to its close packing.
- The brush will gently remove the fleas and dead skin from your dog’s coat but will not unnecessarily scratch the skin.
It is really important for you to take care of your dogs and groom them. Always wash them with tick and flea dog shampoo to keep their hair and mane in good shape. Moreover, use a dog hair’s clipper to clip, shave, and cut down their dog’s hair.