The 5 Best Elevated Dog Beds
Just like humans, our loyal canine buddies deserve comfortable elevated beds where they can sleep peacefully. The raised dog beds do not only keep them high above the ground but also regulate their body temperature with airy mesh underneath their bodies.
These raised beds offer a number of benefits which we will discuss later, but first, let’s have a look at the best-elevated dog beds of the year!
Why should I consider buying elevated dog beds?
These off the floor dog beds with amazing benefits are must buy for your furry friend!
- Body Temperature Regulation: The bed contains a breathable mesh and the raised frame allows the air to circulate freely, regulating the body temperature of your pet and enhance breathing especially in warmer seasons.
- Prevent Moisture Buildup: Ideal for dogs who like to take nap right after a bath, the fine air follows, and porous mesh avoids moisture build-up. Thus, it prevents any sort of infections.
- Chew Resistant Frame: The solid frame does not have any soft foam or pad that can be chewed by your pet.
- Enhance Comfort: The elevated dog beds prevent debris build-up, which often dogs carry with their bodies and feel discomfort.
- Ideal for older dogs: As the dogs get older, it gets hard for them to lay down and get up from floor beds. With the raised bed, your pet can easily get on and off with no pressure on their knees.
- Collapsible Bed: These dogs’ hammocks are very lightweight and compatible, allowing you to quickly assemble and break them down in no time for easy traveling.
- Easy on Pocket: The elevated dog beds are very affordable and come at all budgets.
You Can Read More About Best Bark Collars for Dogs
What are the Best Evaluated Dog Beds of 2020?
Here, I have provided the list of the top-rated evaluated beds for dogs of the year. Now, let’s explore the amazing facts and features of these raised beds!
Coolaroo Elevated Dog Bed
The Coolaroo Elevated Dog Bed is the most popular dog bed that you must check out! It comes in three sizes; small, medium, and large, making it suitable for dogs of all breeds and sizes. The sturdy frame of this raised bed can even handle the heaviest dogs of over 100 lbs.
The bed consists of breathable mesh made of high-density polyethylene, it provides a comfortable sleeping environment for your canine. This suspended bed adjusts with the bodyweight of the dogs and creates low impact areas to pressure points for additional comfort for rest.
AmazonBasics Cooling Elevated Dog Bed
The Cooling Elevated Dog Bed by AmazonBasics is an ideal choice to keep your furry buddies cool and calm on hot days. It offers a range of sizes from extra small to extra large, allowing smaller and larger dogs to sleep comfortably. The airy mesh not only enhances the airflow but also keeps debris, moisture, bacteria, and fleas away. This bed is 7 inches lifted off the floor to get maximum cooling and can be cleaned by simply using water.
This off the floor bed is very simple to assemble and it comes with all essential tools required to set this up. The solid structure proves its durability and lightweight makes it quite handy to move it anywhere or fold and carry it on trips.
Paws & Pals Elevated Dog Bed
The best alternative to premium raised beds for dogs is Paws & Pals Elevated Dog Bed which features a waterproof fabric for outdoor use and can hold weight up to 88 lbs. Since it is waterproof, you can wash it with water and soap. The bed is compact and easy to carry around, just fasten the screws and it’s all set for your pet to take a nap. This elevated bed is designed for only medium to large-sized dogs.
K&H Dog Cot
The K&H Original Dog Cot is another amazing choice for a pet’s parents. This Dog Cot Hammock features a classic design that is ideal for the warmer regions and summer seasons in moderate regions. This dog cot bed is very lightweight and can be packed and carried along on trips and camping sites. The bed can be used by any dog with its 4 varied sizes and can handle weight over 150 lbs.
The breathable mesh helps to release the excessive body heat from below and keeps the dogs fresh throughout the day. Moreover, this dog cot does not require any tool to assemble it in just a few minutes. You can clean the bed by merely wiping it off with a wet cloth.
K&H Dog Cot House
Just like the K&H Original Pet Cot, this Dog Cot House by K&H provides the same comfort and features the same specifications. It is very easy to assemble and requires no tool to get the job done. The dog cot bed has a dome-shaped cover, secured in place with strong elastic straps. There are opening windows on each side of the house, unzip it from anywhere and let your canine get in and enjoy a cozy sleep. You can also take off the housing cover whenever you want and pack it easier to carry around.
Buying Guide For Elevated Dog Beds
To choose the best-raised bed for your dog, you need to consider some important factors. To save you from the fuss, I have mentioned below essential considerations that you must keep your eye out for.
- Bed Material: When choosing a bed for your pet, the foremost important thing is to check the material to determine the quality. Since dogs do chew and scratch the beds. So I would suggest you get the solid material beds preferably made of premium-grade steel or aluminum that can also handle the heavyweight of your pet and withstand their exciting jumps.
- Quality: Get a dog bed with high-quality manufacturing. Only then, you can give your fluffy friend the kind of comfort they deserve. The sturdy metal frame and canvas mesh can guarantee the long life of the cot.
- Easy to Clean: The dogs make their beds dirtier so often that you might need to wash a couple of times a week. So, get one that can be easily washed with water or wiped off with a damp cloth to maintain the hygiene of your pet.
- Fabric: Generally, elevated dog beds are made of strong mesh fabric. Go for those beds, whose mesh is tightly woven and does not snag nails or the collars of the dogs. Also, check whether the mesh is securely attached to the frame or not.
- Assembly: Assembling might seem no big deal but there are pet parents out there who complain about the tricky assembly. Read the instructions carefully and see whether you can assemble it easily or not. If the dog bed does not require tools and is simple to assemble, then I would recommend you to get that one.
- Portability: If you travel a lot then check the collapsibility and portability of dog cot beds. The beds must be light in weight and should be easy to assemble and disassemble in a few minutes.
- Size and Height: Get the bed that is recommended for the size of your dog by the manufacturer. Otherwise, the bed can’t provide comfort and ease to your dog. Make sure that your pet can easily curl up, get on and off the bed without any problem.
You Can Read More About The Best Waterproof Dog Beds
Get your canine a comfortable elevated bed that is just right for him. The raised beds are a great choice for taller dogs to keep lower pressure on their knees while getting on and off their napping bed. With the help of the buying guide, you can easily find the best-elevated bed for your pooch. Just pay close attention to your dog’s requirements.